Sunday, September 13, 2015

Today's Eagle Shot - Nikon D810, Nikkor 200-400mm f4 AF-S VR Lens

I got out kayaking on the Potomac River again this morning. I saw quite a lot of wildlife, including a muskrat that swam to within a few feet of my kayak, and a giant snapping turtle that nearly touched it. Both were too close for me to focus with the big lens. I also watched a herd of deer grab their morning drink at the river's edge.
 
Here's the best shot I got today, of an immature bald eagle.
Immature Bald Eagle, by Reed A. George
Nikon D810, Nikkor 200-400mm f4 AF-S VR Lens
iso 220, f5.6, 1/1250 sec.
 
You can click on this image to see it larger on flickr.
 
Man, am I lucky to have access to such a beautiful place to paddle on weekend mornings at sunrise.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment