Saturday, June 27, 2015

Posing - Not So Easy for Me

I've been reading and working on posing techniques recently. It's not easy for me, but I do believe I'm learning some important tools.
Christine, by Reed A. George
Leica M3, Summicron 50mm f2 v.2 Lens
 
Out of all of the things I've learned so far, getting the arms to be part of the composition, and not just in the way, is one of the most important.
 
I'm definitely continuing to learn, and with each image I make, I can find weaknesses, problems with the pose. In this one, I should have moved a little to the left, to make it where her eyes and face were as close to the camera as her shoulder. As it is, her shoulder draws too much attention.
 
By the way, if you're looking for a good book on the subject, check out Roberto Valenzuela's Picture Perfect Posing. I've included a link to it on Amazon below.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment