Monday, May 4, 2015

Nick DeMarco (Rangefinder Chronicles) Uses His Hasselblad Xpan on the Street

 
 
 
DC Street Vendors, by Reed A. George
Hasselblad Xpan
 
I used to a Hasselblad Xpan panoramic camera. Shooting 24x65mm images on regular 35mm film, it was interesting. I've always been partial to panoramic images.
 
I sold mine, for two major reasons: 1) it was worth too much money for the amount I used it, and 2) I found a panoramic back for my Bronica ETRS. I feel like I had just begun to get how to compose with the XPan when I sold it. Probably too soon. And, I have not used the Bronica pano back nearly as much as I expected.
 
What I did shoot with the Xpan was mostly landscapes.
 
I recently read a post on Nick DeMarco's Rangefinder Chronicles blog about how he uses the Xpan for street photography. (Click Here) to read about it on Nick's blog. He's got some great work there.
 

This doesn't have me back in the market for an Xpan, but it does make me motivated to get out with the Bronica. It's been sitting for far too long.


DMC-365.blogspot.com





 

No comments:

Post a Comment