Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Kiyomizu-dera Temple in Kyoto, Japan - Wish-granting Waterfall

My family and I just got back from a visit to Kyoto. We visited Kiyomizu-dera temple, founded in the year 798. (Click Here) to read more about the temple.
 
One of the features of Kiyomizu-dera is the Otawa waterfall, whose water is said to grant wishes to those who catch and drink it.
 
Here's a triptych that I made there with the Panasonic Lumic DMC-LX100.
Otawa Waterfall Triptych, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100
 
For this day of our trip, since I knew we would be on the move all day, I left the Nikon Df and lenses at the hotel, taking only the LX-100. To be honest, it's almost embarrassing just how good the LX100 is. I didn't miss the Df at all, and really enjoyed my freedom from the heavy camera bag.
 
These images are direct from the camera, just cropped and put together on my iPad.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment