Saturday, January 31, 2015

Mink at Jammin Java

I haven't been able to make it to a lot of live music events recently. I did get out on a Tuesday night (!) to see my friends Melissa, Danny, and Rudy of the band Mink play at a local venue, Jammin Java, in Vienna, Virginia.
 
I brought out my new Nikon Df and three prime lenses - 24mm f2.8, 50mm f1.4, and 85mm f1.8.
 
Mink, by Reed A. George
Nikon Df, Nikkor 24mm f2.8 AF-D
iso 5600, f2.8, 1/125 sec.
 
Keeping the camera in Auto-ISO mode, was able to set a relatively fast shutter speed (1/125 sec.) and shoot wide open with any of the three lenses. As you can see, iso 5600 is just no problem at all for the Df. Actually, 12,800 isn't too bad.
 
Melissa and Danny, by Reed A. George
Nikon Df, Nikkor 85mm f1.8 AF-D
iso 2800, f2, 1/125 sec.
 
It felt good to get out and see my old friends, even for a quick set on a weeknight.
 
(Click Here) to find out more about Mink.
 
(Click Here) to find out about Jammin Java.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment