Thursday, January 22, 2015

Booked my Trip to Japan in April

My wife is Japanese. One of the major benefits of that is that I have a very good reason to visit Japan at least once per year. I think we're going to try to make it to Hiroshima this time, a place I've never been.
 
My plan is to take my new Nikon Df and a couple of lenses, including the 35-70 f2.8 AF-D, which I just purchased last weekend. It's my second unit of this lens; I was foolish enough to sell my first one. I'd forgotten just how good it is. I'm thinking I'll want a fast prime (like the 50mm f1.4 AF-D), and maybe a wide angle (24mm f2.8 AF-D?). I'll probably bring along the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 as well, which gives me f1.4 and 24mm equivalent.
 
I may also bring along a Nikon or Leica film body for fun.
 
(Click Here) to read a post on Rangefinder Forum about choosing the Nikon F over other cameras for fun travel.
 
In any case, I'm psyched and ready for spring!
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment