Sunday, November 9, 2014

Way Back Shot - Fredericksburg, VA, Winter 2010

Just thought I'd share an old shot this morning. I took this one with my Leica IIIC and Nikon 3.5cm f2.5 LTM lens. I had recently bought the camera and lens from a friend-of-a-friend, thanks to Dennis Gallus connecting us. Dennis, James McKearney, Rob Svirskas, and I drove down to Fredericksburg for a day of shooting.
 
This shot was made at historic Chatham Manor, overlooking the Rappahannock River.
 
You can see more shots made with this classic Nikon lens if you (Click Here).
 
I have not used this lens much, mainly because it's competition in my kit is the amazing Leica Summaron 3.5cm f3.5 LTM lens. The Leica lens is a full stop slower, but is so sharp and renders color so nicely that when I have to pick one to put in my back, it's nearly always the Summaron.
 
(Click Here) to read about the Summaron, which I also used as part of my Whole Lotta Leica series.
 
To see every lens I used in the Whole Lotta Leica series, where I matched up a wide range of older lenses with my Leica M9, (Click Here).
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment