Sunday, November 2, 2014

Fifty Years of Nikon

Camera images from nikonusa.com
 
I am turning 50 years old in December, just two months away. I'm not too hung up on age, but 50 is a big one. Half a century.
 
I just pulled the trigger on the purchase of a Nikon DF (sold refurbished direct from Nikon). I thought long and hard about that investment, since I already have attention deficit problems with my existing cameras, and like to focus on particular cameras, at least for some period of time. But, the DF is just too attractive for a photographer like me. Familiar controls, real knobs instead of (or in addition to) menus, married with amazing digital sensor technology, and the ability to use any of my Nikkor lenses to boot.
 
So, I'm thinking that I may pair up my new DF with a camera that was around and in use when I was born, my Nikon F film SLR with plain prism. I don't know exactly what the project will be yet, but it will take advantage of fifty years of Nikon SLR technology, in my 50th year of life.
 
Stay tuned!
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment