Sunday, August 17, 2014

A Little Inspiration a la Richard Avedon

I absolutely love shooting film, especially black and white. I also love medium and large format, including the Rolleiflex, chosen instrument of my friends Charlie Arnhold and Alain Durand.
 
Richard Avedon is one of the most famous portrait photographers of any time. Avedon used a Rolleiflex f2.8 twin lens reflex (TLR) camera for many of his portraits.
Ingrid Bergman, by Avedon
Image Source: http://classiq.me/portraits-by-richard-avedon/ingrid-bergman-by-richard-avedon-new-york-1961
 
Always using plain backgrounds, Avedon's portraits seem to show a very direct connection between model and photographer. I love that about his work.
 
For more Avedon inspiration, check out this post on the blog Classiq.me.
 
Still plenty to learn!
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment