Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Washington DC - World War II (WWII) Leica at the WWII Memorial

My friends and I went to the WWII memorial on the mall in Washington, DC on Memorial Day. Expecting the normal events held here every year, we were more than a little let down to learn that they'd taken place the day before.
 
I had loaded up two of my wartime Leica IIIC cameras, one with TMax 100 black and white film and matching Elmar 5cm f3.5 lens, the other with TMax 400 and a 1937 Elmar 3.5cm f3.5 lens. These results are from the 5cm Elmar and TMax 100; the other camera is still loaded, as I didn't finish the roll.
 
Military School Students, by Reed A. George
Wartime Leica IIIC, Leica Elmar 5cm f3.5 Lens, Kodak TMax 100
 
True WWII Veteran, by Reed A. George
Wartime Leica IIIC, Leica Elmar 5cm f3.5 Lens, Kodak TMax 100
 
These old Barnack cameras are a lot of fun to shoot. I always enjoy seeing the images they can produce. I also think it was fitting to use two cameras that were most likely sold to Allied soldiers during the occupation of Europe at the end of the war for this event.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment