Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Holga 25mm f8 Lens on Lumix Micro 4/3 - Down by the Riverside

I attended the Shenandoah Riverside Festival in Brunswick, Maryland last weekend.
 
(Click Here) to read a little about the festival, and hosting organization, Earth Korps.
 
In addition to my Nikon D700 kit, I brought along the tiny Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 and a couple of specialty lenses, including a plastic toy lens, the Holga 25mm f8. I had some fun with that, and here are the results.
 
 
 
And here's my favorite:
 
Fun with the Holga 25mm f8 Lens for Micro 4/3, by Reed A. George
All Images Made with Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
 
For $20, the Holga lens is worth a try. See below for a link to yours on Amazon.
 
Recently, I've been having fun with low tech. Not only cameras that were once state-of-the-art but happen to be from the age of film, but also things that started out low tech, like the Holga lens and my pinhole camera.
 
I've got an exhibit in mind along these lines. Just a concept, I need to work through writing an artist's statement and see if it holds up. It's time for a new project.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment