Sunday, June 1, 2014

Hmm. Time for a new Panasonic LX Series Camera?

 
Japanese Sakura, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
iso 200, f4, 1/320 sec..
 
I'm still quite pleased with my Lumix DMC-LX7 camera. So small, so capable. Nearly perfect as a compact travel camera, the LX7, like it's earlier LX-series brethren, offers the combination of a fast Pana-Leica lens, tiny form factor, manual everything, and auto everything (you select). The LX7 allows the use of the accessory electronic viewfinder as well. I'm always amazed at what this little camera can do.
 
That said, it seems about time for the next in the LX series to be announced. Here's the past announcement record:
 
LX3: July 21, 2008
LX5: July 21, 2010
LX7: July 18, 2012
 
So, it seems logical that we'll see an announcement soon. Since there's sensitivity about certain numbers in Asian culture, and based on the current pattern, I'd think it may end up being a DMC-LX9.
 
That said, I can't find anything on the web that indicates an impending announcement. In fact, I've read some speculation that the LX7 may be the last in the LX series. I sure hope not. To me, the LX cameras represent so much of what digital technology can achieve.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment