Thursday, May 29, 2014

Morning in Jackson Square, New Orleans

Morning in Jackson Square, by Reed A. George
Leica M6 Titan, Summicron 35mm f2 v.3 Lens
Ilford Delta 3200 Film
 
As I sit writing this morning in my local Starbucks, this image reminds me of the wonderful coffee and chicory I had just enjoyed at Cafe Du Monde a few minutes before I shot it. I like Starbucks; I loved my Cafe Du Monde coffee that morning.
 
Morning is very quiet in the French Quarter; most of its denizens are at least semi-nocturnal. I always enjoy seeing new places early in the morning, to get a different perspective.
 
The sunlight was just coming up over the bank of the Mississippi River, which would be on the right in the photo above. I like how the edge of the light follows the intersection of the two sets of stairs, going off at different angles. While the steps in the lower section are fully light, those in the middle have light only on their edges. The pigeon at right is similarly edge-lit, which gives it a bit of a focal point in my opinion.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment