Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Street Portrait From Behind?

I'm in Tokyo still as I write this. Yesterday, on my morning walk, I captured this image.
 
Street Portrait From Behind, by Reed A. George
Leica M9, Leica 35mm Summicron F2 Lens
iso 400, f8, 1/125 sec.
 
 
The only place you can see the subject's face is in the big round mirror on the left. These are place all over around Tokyo for safety (so drivers can see pedestrians and vice-versa). It's pretty cliche to photograph them. But, I've never seen them used in exactly this way.
 
It would be fun to see this projected or printed very large, to see if capturing the face as a tiny part of the overall composition works or not. I think the lines in this composition work very well.
 
This is a straight jpeg, out of the camera, but with some cropping in Snapseed.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment