Monday, March 10, 2014

Olympus Body Cap Fisheye Lens for Micro 4/3

Image Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I19TVU2?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B00I19TVU2&linkCode=xm2&tag=dm36thyeofthl-20
 
I recently purchased a fisheye lens for my Micro 4/3 kit, a Bower 7.5mm model.
 
(Click Here) to see a post of images I shot with the Bower fisheye lens.
 
I haven't used the fisheye too much yet, but plan to.
 
Now it seems that Olympus has made a "body cap" lens with fisheye optics. These near-flat lenses that are so thin they double as body caps are really pretty cool. I have the older version Olympus 15mm body cap lens (not fisheye), which again, I have yet to use very much. You know the story, too many cameras, not enough days off.
 
The body cap fisheye is an ideal combination if you ask me. Since most of us will rarely use a fisheye lens, one of the challenges is that you don't tend to carry it along with you. Even the Bower lens, which is quite light and compact, takes up precious camera bag space. I think the body cap fisheye would solve that issue. And, it's pretty cheap at ~$100.
 
With a fixed aperture of f8, it's not real flexible, but again, this will be rarely-used equipment for most people. But, when you need it, you need it.
 
(Click Here) to see an example image posted by matt-pro on mu43.com
 
If I hadn't already purchased the Bower, I would certainly go for the Olympus body cap option.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment