Tuesday, December 17, 2013

First Snow - Shot With Low Tech Wonder, Polaroid 103

 
Snow is Coming Down, by Reed A. George
Polaroid 103, Fujifilm FP-3000B Instant Film
 
As I write this, it's December 8, 2013, and we're having our first winter storm of the year. Being a self-respecting photographer, I couldn't just sit at home and finish scanning film (which is also on my list for today). So, I packed up a few cameras and drove out to the local wildlife reserve. Here's the only shot I made with the Polaroid 103 today. You can see the snow streaking down. I increased contrast in Lightroom (after scanning the print). I think it came out pretty darned good.
 
This was shot on the endangered Fujifilm FP-3000B instant black and white film. (Click Here) to see an earlier post about Fuji's plans to do away with this film. I sure hope they can be convinced to change their minds, but I am sure the market's small.
 
As will all things, they can't last forever. I am glad that I got the chance to use this excellent film, and enjoyed the result today.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
Perhaps if you buy some film for that old pack film camera you've got sitting around, Fuji will keep making it for a while. Here's a link:
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment