Friday, October 25, 2013

A Shot From Last Autumn

I am noticing that I tend to miss some nice images by reviewing them too soon after I capture them. As I mentioned before, my expectations are tough to meet, and images that don't do it tend to be ignored. However, looking back later, I often find some that are not so bad.
 
Here's an example:
Sunset, Whitefield, New Hampshire, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Lumix 14-140mm f4-5.8 Lens
iso 200, f8, 1/15 sec.
 
 
I did some post-processing on this shot. Most notably, I changed the white balance from Auto to Fluorescent. Believe it or not, that best replicates the color I remember from the scene. I also adjust the color of the reflection on the water surface, making it more like the sky. Finally, I added a brush stroke of increased clarity along the mountain ridges and tree silhouettes on the water. I hope none of that is too obtrusive, as I really feel that it now looks like I remember.
 
I have been neglecting my Micro 4/3 gear this year, in favor of other systems. This shot reminds me that I need to get back to it sometime soon.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment