Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Green Sea Turtle - Scuba Diving With Panasonic's Underwater Camera, the Lumix DMC-TS5

 
Green Sea Turtle (Chelonia mydas) From Below, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5
 
I am mid-vacation now, and battling jet lag, mostly unsuccessfully. Lucky for me, our scuba trip this morning was scheduled for early morning. We had to be at the Maalea Harbor at around 6:30AM. No problem there. We were up by 5:00, and it was actually a challenge to sleep that long. It will also be a challenge to stay awake long enough to see the sunset tonight.
 
I'm pretty wiped out, so I picked a single picture from our dives today to share. I have a lot more to share later.
 
We did two dives with Maui Divers, the first on a wreck called the St. Anthony, the second on Molokini. Both were outstanding!
 
(Click Here) to check out Maui Divers. They run a great shop, and made us comfortable every step of the way, including taking my newly-certified twelve year old daughter on here deepest dives ever.
 
The DMC-TS5 performed very well. I'm learning more about how to set it for diving. The Advanced Underwater mode works well at avoiding too much blue, but the tiny on-camera flash is only good for closeups. Otherwise, it causes reflections from particulates in the water to diffuse the image. An off-camera light would really help. I may look into an LED for that purpose.
 
(Click Here) to read my user report on this great little camera.
 
I have more to share, but it will have to wait until I'm more awake...
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment