Thursday, August 22, 2013

Creepy Shot With the Whole Lotta Leica August Lens - Summicron 35mm f2 Version 3

 
Confederate Dead, by Reed A. George
Leica M9, Leica Summicron 35mm f2 Lens Version 3
iso 160, f13, 1/30 sec.
 
I took the day off today, and drove out to the Shenandoah National Park for some hiking and photography. It was a foggy morning. On the way out, I passed by the Groveton Confederate Cemetery at the Manassas National Battlefield. I walked around the cemetery a little with my M9 and tripod, and made a few shots. I almost missed this one.
 
On the way back to my car, I started looking more closely at the numerous spider webs in the tall grass. Finally, I put it together in my mind, and decided to find a nice one in front of the iron cemetery fence. This one was in a very good spot, in my opinion.
 
I converted the image to monochrome using SilverEfex Pro 2. I also selected a selenium tone, which is uncommon for me. Creepy effect, huh?
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment