Monday, July 29, 2013

This Post is a Little Off the Reservation, but Still Photography-Related

Hemingway's Passport
Image Source: http://cdn.visualnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/11-Passport-Photos-of-Iconic-Figures.jpg
 
My mind is wandering as the summer wears on. As you may have noticed, I've been focusing a lot on my own cameras and photographs for this blog, as opposed to my earlier focus on equipment. I'm still primarily interested in the interface between photographic equipment and the resulting images, but sometimes I go a little further to one side or the other. I was looking for some visual inspiration, and came across a really cool post on cdn.visualnews.com, showing passports of famous people.
 
(Click Here) to see the full post and several passports on cdn.visualnews.com
 
The post makes the point that even famous people probably aren't fully satisfied with their passport pictures. It does seem like one of those things that's really difficult to be pleased about. However, I must say these celebs' passport pics sure look better than mine. Here's another of my favorites from the post:
 
Bowie's Passport
Image Source: http://cdn.visualnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/11-Passport-Photos-of-Iconic-Figures.jpg
 
The passport is somewhat of an equalizer. It doesn't matter if you're rich or famous, you're probably not getting back in, even your home country, without one. People are just people at the level of the law. Well, then there are exceptions - people who clearly aren't just people:
 
Johnny Cash's Passport
Image Source: http://cdn.visualnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/11-Passport-Photos-of-Iconic-Figures.jpg
 
Photography is important. Don't forget it.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment