Sunday, July 21, 2013

Creative Idea by Paul Hampton - Preserve Those Little Things You Love

I'm busy re-populating my RSS feeds, now in Feedly, since Google Reader is no more. I haven't figured out how to upload my old Google Reader backup file, so I'm starting from scratch, which may be good anyway. I will admit I'd sort of gotten tired of the same several hundred (!) blogs and forums I had on my list.
 
So, here's some inspiration from Paul Hampton, who photographed his possessions, at least some that matter to him.
 
(Click Here) to see the original post.
 
Image Source: http://www.photographyserved.com/gallery/Possessions/7608529
I like this idea very much. I remember a couple of years ago I finally had to disassemble the bulletin boards that hung in my late brother's room from thirty-some years in the past. I had moved them, intact, countless times over those years. Finally, I took everything off, scanned it on my Epson flatbed scanner, and put it into a big envelope, discarding the boards themselves. Interesting stuff there - ticket stubs from the Led Zeppelin concert that he attended, and I was too young to attend. Various pictures of friends - some still around, some not, in their high school days. Anyway, I at least documented them. Paul's idea is much more artistic. I wish I'd thought to do this with my record collection before it vanished a few years back. Anyway, I hope you like the idea, too.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment