Thursday, March 14, 2013

43rumors Posts Olympus and Panasonic Roadmap in Micro 4/3 for 2013

 
 
I don't usually give much thought to the sites that publish rumors about the camera industry. However, I have found 43rumors to be reasonably accurate, and they usually know when the rumor is likely to be incorrect.
 
This post is a little more fun than most on the rumor sites. The roadmap above shows what 43rumors thinks is coming in the Micro 4/3 arena from market leaders Panasonic and Olympus in this calendar year (and maybe a little later).
 
The fun thing is, you can vote on which three items on the roadmap interest you most, and see what the total voting results are so far.
 
(Click Here) to go to 43rumors.com and place your vote.
 
This tells me that the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX2 isn't coming out anytime soon. I don't know what to think of the G7 coming out soon. The G5 was not very impressive to me. If the G7 has the GH3 sensor (or better), I may be interested, as long as the body doesn't grow too much in size from the G3. A "pro" grade Lumix may be interesting as well, but I have a feeling it'll be Nikon DSLR size, just to prove it's pro equipment. Finally, a 42.5mm f1.2 lens could be fun. Of course, characteristically, I'm focused on Panasonic more than Olympus. The OM-D is already a huge win for Olympus, and I'm sure it only gets better.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment