Saturday, February 9, 2013

Saturated Colors and Emotion - A Leica Strength, I Believe

Me & My Balloon
 
This shot was made with a digital Leica M9-P and teh Leica 50mm Summilux. When I look at this, especially the saturated red balloon, and the enhanced vignetting, darkening the areas surrounding the child, I can almost remember what it felt like to be a little kid. Wearing my hood up, with my new balloon, in a world of my own. I think this image really succeeds in taking us elsewhere, in time and space.
 
There is clearly some significant post-processing in this image.
 
(Click Here) to see the original post on rangetraveler.com
 
The color here reminds me of what I get with one of my favorite old lenses, a Leica Summaron 3.5cm f3.5 thread mount (LTM) lens. Here's an example of what my lens produces, without boosting saturation, etc.
 
Autumn Colors, by Reed A. George
Leica CL, Leica 3.5cm f3.5 Summaron Lens
iso200 Film
 
I'll be featuring my Summaron at some point in the coming months on my M9, as part of my "Whole Lotta Leica" series. I'm always pleased with the images this tiny little lens produces.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post Reed. The shot was taken with Leica 50mm summilux version 1 (1949). It's a great compact lens. Take care.

    Gage Caudell

    ReplyDelete