Friday, January 11, 2013

Bhupinder2002 at mu-43.com Shoots Olympus 45mm f1.8 With 10-Stop Neutral Density Filter for Motion Effect

 
 
I've posted about using neutral density filters in the past. For me, the most common uses are to:
  1. Reduce the light coming into the lens to allow me to shoot at wide apertures (for shallow depth of field) in bright light
  2. Reduce light to allow the use of longer shutter speeds, which provides the ability to blur motion.
I usually carry a 3-stop filter, which allows me to move from say f8 in daylight, as some reasonable shutter speed, to f2.8. That makes a real difference in depth of field, for instance if I want to take a portrait in bright light, and blur the background.
 
Bhupinder2002 has posted some shots using a 10-stop neutral density filter on a 45mm f1.8 lens with the Olympus OM-D. This provides for a much larger change in settings, including allowing very long shutter speeds in broad daylight. Hence the moody motion of the water in the image above. It's a cool effect.
 
(Click Here) to see all of the images Bhupinder2002 posted.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment