Tuesday, January 29, 2013

An Image That Sticks in My Mind

Sunset Approaching, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1, Lumix 20mm f1.7 Lens
iso 400, f4, 1/640 sec
 
For various reasons, I've had very little time to get out and shoot much in the past week or so. So, I'm going back through some old images, looking for the ones that make me think "Hey, I remember that one!" The shot above is an example.
 
I shot this one right before sunset on the boardwalk in Sacramento, California. To me, it says something about aging, the passage of time. I love the texture in the wood on the boardwalk, and the paddlewheel boat in the distance.
 
Perhaps I also remember this shot because I was in Sacramento that evening to meet with some good friends that I hadn't seen in a while at that point. I spent part of our dinner time explaining why I was so pleased with the GF1.
 
I still have my GF1, even though it's multiple generations old now. The form factor is so attractive. The image quality was quite good. I find that I don't use it much anymore, but with the price of used digital gear, I'd rather keep it as my in-car camera than sell it for a little over $100. The GF1 was a ground-breaking design, in my opinion. I'm waiting for the announcement of the GX2, which should bring me back to that form factor, yet with the very latest sensor technology.
 
Maybe I'm not done with Micro 4/3 yet.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful shot Reed. Totally agree with you, I guess that is the beauty of photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Luis!

    DMC-365.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete