Sunday, November 18, 2012

I Won A Contest - Two of My Images Will Be in the 2013 Calendar of Annual Reviews!

 
Image Source: http://www.annualreviews.org/page/photochallenge
 
Two of my images (below) were selected for inclusion in the Annual Reviews 2013 calendar! One of my colleagues at work forwarded the call for entries (thanks, Jeanne!).
 
(Click Here) to see the full list of winners. As far as I can tell, you have to be a subscriber to get the calendar. They've offered to send me a copy; I wrote back asking if I can buy a few.
 
 
 
Ospreys (Pandion haliaetus) in Flight, by Reed A. George
Nikon D700, Nikkor Ai-P 500mm f4 Manual Focus Lens
iso 500, f5.6, 1/1500 sec
 
Eastern Kingbird (Tyrannus tyrannus), by Reed A. George

Nikon D700, Nikkor Ai-P 500mm f4 Manual Focus Lens


I find it very rewarding to win a contest like this, especially a nature photography contest - they're notoriously difficult to win. So many great photographers focus their attention and cameras on the beauty of nature.

This is great motivation for me to keep pushing my skills!

DMC-365.blogspot.com



 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Reed. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you! I received my copy of the calendar and it's honestly the most nicely-produced one I've ever seen. I'm very proud to have some of my work included!

    Reed
    DMC-365.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reed, definitely these are worthy to be in the calendar, kudos!

    ReplyDelete