Thursday, November 29, 2012

First Afternoon and Evening in Barcelona - I Think I Like It Here

 
Gelato Selection, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
 
We arrived in Barcelona today, Sunday, at about noon. After a quick nap, we went out for a tasty lunch of tapas (shrimp, avocado salad, local sausage and white beans). This kept us full enough that we only needed a small snack for dinner.
 
I can already tell that the street photography is going to be great here. For our evening walk, I grabbed my Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 and Russian 35mm optical finder, set the zoom to 35mm equivalent, manual exposure at either iso 400, 800, or 1600 (pretty high for this small sensor), and shot away.
 
Mixed Traffic, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
 
In order to minimize jet lag, I need to stay up until at least 10:00 tonight, preferably closer to midnight. It's currently only 7:30PM. I may have to go out again to succeed in staying awake...
 
I'm certainly looking forward to the rest of this trip. The images above are both jpegs directly from the camera, shot using the Dynamic Black and White option. I don't know exactly how this works, but flickr is showing the filenames as if they were raw files. That can't be, as the Black and White option only affects the jpegs. And, I can't see my EXIF information, either.
 
At any rate, I'm pretty sure that some careful post-processing at home will clean them up quite well.
 
More from Barcelona coming soon!
 
 

1 comment: