Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Before and After - Some Fun With Snapseed

Here's a rather pedestrian shot of an old telephone pole that I recently took in New Hampshire.
Before - Old Telephone Pole, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Lumix 14-140mm f4-5.8
iso 200, f8, 1/125 sec
 
I really like the details in the pole, and the old wires hanging down. But, it was literally in the middle of a swamp, and I couldn't get a better perspective on it.
 
I decided to play with the image in Snapseed on my iPad.
 
(Click Here) for info on the mobile version of Snapseed.
 
Anyway, I did a few things to the image in Snapseed. First, I converted it to black and white, then, I used the tilt and shift function to restrict focus to the center of the pole, then I applied some "grunge," and finally an organic frame and a little grain. Here's the result:
 
After - Disconnected, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Lumix 14-140mm f4-5.8
iso 200, f8, 1/125 sec
Manipulated in Snapseed
 
I don't always go for manipulated images. And, I absolutely hate working at the computer as compared to being out using my camera. However, in this case, I think a few minutes on the iPad absolutely transformed this from a boring image to something at least a little intriguing.
 
All things in moderation, I suppose.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment