Friday, October 5, 2012

My Report on Watermelon Park Festival 2012 Is Up On CosmicVibesLive.com

 
The Acoustic Burgoo Plays Watermelon Park, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Olympus 75mm f1.8 Lens
iso 800, f2.8, 1/100 sec
 
I recently attended my favoritie local music festival, Watermelon Park Fest. It was held in Berryville, Virginia, September 20-22. I wrote up a report for Cosmic Vibes Live, a Mid-Atlantic live music blog.
 
(Click Here) to read my report on cosmicvibeslive.com
 
I shot a few different cameras on this weekend. The bulk of my photos were taken with the Lumix G3. It was my first outing with my new Olympus 75mm f1.8 - I'm very impressed with that lens. It really rounds out my lens set for live performances. At f1.8, it's perfect in low light situations, and has just enough focal length to allow tight compositions from the audience. It produces beautiful colors, and is as sharp as can be.
 
I also shot with my new Leica M9, and an old M4-2 film body. Lots of fun.
 
Watermelon Park Morning, by Reed A. George
Leica M9, Leica Summaron 3.5cm f3.5 (ca. 1937)
iso 200, f13, 1/350 sec
 
I've been writing for Cosmic Vibes for a little while now, and thoroughly enjoy the experience. It's a nice combination of three of my hobbies - live music, photography, and writing. And Jeff Socha, who runs the blog, is a super nice guy. In fact, I've got two more reports in process for them now.
 
Make sure you check out cosmicvibeslive.com
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment