Friday, October 26, 2012

Live Music Coverage - Justin Jones, Luke Brindley, and Bobby Thompson at Franklin Park Arts Center, Purcellville, VA

LR-7068.jpg
Bobby Thompson, Working Over the Gibson SG, by Reed A. George
Nikon D700
 
I recently got the chance to cover another local live music event for my favorite live music blog, Cosmic Vibes Live. This one was a set of three DC area-based acts - Luke Brindley, The Bobby Thompson Project, and the headliner, Justin Jones. By the way, if you haven't heard Justin's newest album "Fading Light," do yourself the favor. It's available on iTunes.
 
(Click Here) to read my report on Cosmic Vibes Live.
 
 
LR-7139.jpg
Justin Jones, by Reed A. George
Nikon D700
 
I knew this show would have relatively low light levels, so I decided to shoot exclusively with my Nikon D700. In terms of lenses, I brought along my Nikkor 50mm f1.4, Nikkor 85mm f1.8, and newly-purchased (used) Nikkor 180mm f2.8 AF (non-D).
 
Since I also knew that through the gracious reception by producers Bill and Cheryl Bunce, I would get to go backstage at will, I also took my Nikkor 20mm f2.8 AF-D wide angle.
 
I'm still getting comfortable shooting backstage, which is a different experience with each and every band. These guys were all very welcoming, and had plenty of fun backstage.
 
LR-7120.jpg
Luke Brindley Warms Up Backstage, by Reed A. George
Nikon D700
Backstage Fun, by Reed A. George
Nikon D700
 

I'm loving the experience of shooting and writing for Cosmic Vibes. Be sure to check them out.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment