Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Few Autumn Landscapes - 35mm Film

 
Pond's Edge, by Reed A. George
Leica M4-2, Leica Summaron 3.5cm f3.5, iso200 color print film
 
I had a roll of film in my Leica M4-2 that I needed to finish up. So, I took a walk around the grounds where I work, around 2:00 in the afternoon. Autumn is just beginning to happen here, and I found a few things that caught my eye.
 
I love the purple swath of grass in the image above.
 
 
Wild Persimmons, by Reed A. George
Leica M4-2, Leica Summaron 3.5cm f3.5, iso200 color print film


These persimmons signify the coming of winter for me. Right now, they would be hard as rocks and more sour than lemons. In a month or two, they'll be soft and extremely sweet.






Flat World, by Reed A. George
Leica M4-2, Leica Summaron 3.5cm f3.5, iso200 color print film


I think my composure for this shot was inspired by some traditional Chinese art being displayed in our building. Earlier in the day, I marvelled at how the large horizontal distances (depth) from subjects to mountains and clouds are represented in flat two-dimensional paintings. This has that feel to me.


Boy, I sure do love to shoot film. My M4-2 is a little rough around the edges in appearance, while my 1937 Summaron looks like a little jewel. It's not fast (f3.5), but boy does it deliver.


DMC-365.blogspot.com




 

No comments:

Post a Comment