Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Favorite Shot From A Recent Music Festival - So Far, At Least

 
A Little Shy at First, by Reed A. George
Leica M9, Leica Summaron 3.5cm f3.5 (ca. 1937)
iso200, f5.6, 1/125 sec
 
I recently went to my favorite local music festival, the Watermelon Park Festival, held every year in September in Berryville, Virginia.
 
(Click Here) to read more about the festival. If you like bluegrass music, this is a great one. The folks that run the event are super nice, as are the spectators. The festival attracts great local talent, as well as national acts. This year, the headliner was Del McCoury, a living legend.
 
The young man in the picture above is the son of one of the festival's vendors. When I asked permission to take his picture, he ran behind these hanging dresses, and peeked out at me as you can see. The moment really clicked for me. It was a perfect Leica moment, if you'll allow me that expression.
 
Shot with an old Leica Summaron 35mm screwmount lens that I got with a Barnack body some years ago, this image is one of my favorites from the M9 so far. I had to bring the contrast up in Lightroom, but didn't want to go too far with that. The original is almost creamy in its low contrast.
 
I'm quite happy with this one.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment