Sunday, September 9, 2012

Add Dominican Republic To My Bucket List! G3 Pictures by napilopez on mu-43.com

 

 
Dominican Republic, by napilopez on mu-43.com
Image Source: http://www.mu-43.com/f43/few-dominican-republic-g3-warning-image-heavy-30756/
 
(Click Here) to see several great images taken by napilopez on mu-43.com.
 
All of the shots in the post were made with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 and Lumix 20mm f1.7 or Olympus 45mm f1.8.
 
I am leaving next week for a vacation in San Francisco. I need to change up my equipment a little, after focusing on the DMC-G3 so much for the first eight months of this year. I haven't decided yet, but am leaning toward taking my Leica M8 and only a lens or two. In fact, I may go as minimal as just the 40mm f2 Rokkor, which is a perfect normal lens on the M8, with the 1.33X crop factor. But, I'll likely take a wide angle and a short telephoto as well.
 
I really do respond creatively to using different types of equipment. Some people like the camera to become an extension of themselves, and not think about it while they're shooting. I think I do better to think about the constraints of the camera, challenging myself to work with them. For example, shooting in square format with say a Rolleiflex really brings out a different creative approach than a normal 2x3 format.
 
Anyway - I'll keep you up to date with how that goes.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment