Sunday, July 8, 2012

World Pentax Day Entries - Got Out With My Pentax Spotmatic!

 
Officer On Field, by Reed A. George
Pentax Spotmatic SP, Takumar 35mm f3.5
 
June 23, 2012 was World Pentax Day. So, I made sure to get out with my trusty old Spotmatic and a few favorite lenses.
 
(Click Here) to see the World Pentax Day gallery.
 
I took my daughter and her friend to a civil war reenactment at Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, on the Bolivar Heights battlefield. An eleven year old girl with her friend, out in the heat, at a civil war event. You may be able to guess that I had a very short time window. But, all was not lost. We actually timed our arrival perfectly, with the final cannon blast happening just a few minutes after we arrived.
 
 
Firing Orders, by Reed A. George
Pentax Spotmatic SP, Takumar 35mm f3.5
 
Officer's Sabre, by Reed A. George
Pentax Spotmatic SP, Super-Takumar 50mm f1.4
 
It's nice to have any reason to get out and shoot a good old camera. World Pentax Day worked for me!
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
 

1 comment: