Thursday, July 19, 2012

Lest You Think I'm Asleep at the Wheel... Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5

 
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
Image Source: http://www.dpreview.com/products/panasonic/slrs/panasonic_dmcg5
 
Yes, I have seen the announcement(s) of the new G5. Yes, it looks interesting. Just don't want anyone to think I'm not paying attention.
 
At this point, I will remain quiet on this camera, until I have a chance to learn more. For now, I will rely on the excellent information source, dpreview.com.
 
(Click Here) to see what dpreview knows about the new DMC-G5
 
I find it interesting how it's being market as the mid-level Micro 4/3 solution. I can certainly see how it's higher than the GF series. I suppose they mean it's lower than the GH series (which is due for a GH3 announcement). At any rate, this camera has a good chance of replacing at least one of my DMC-G3s in coming months, especially if the new sensor really is better, as is being preliminarily reported.
 
Looks like writing a new eBook may be in my near future... Or at least an update to the G3 eBook posted here on DMC-365.
 
Stay tuned!
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment