Saturday, June 2, 2012

Been Around the Block - Car Photography Is Fun

 
Been Around, by littleMT
Image Source: http://www.mu-43.com/f88/been-around-block-few-times-27007/

Member littleMT on mu-43.com posted a few pictures of this old beast, taken with an Olympus E-PL1 and Lumix 14mm f2.5 lens.

(Click Here) to see the post.

I am going to a car show this weekend with my friend James McKearney. It's sort of an annual ritual for us, and until two years ago included Dennis Gallus, who has since moved off to Arizona. The old cars don't look like the one above, in general; they're all fixed up and nicer than they were on the showroom in many cases. Again, this is an opportunity for me to combine two interests - cars and photography, with the enjoyment of seeing a friend and fellow photographer.

Dennis - What A Smile, by Reed A. George
Leica M8, Leica 35mm Summilux f1.4, iso 320, 1/60sec (f-stop not recorded)

Last year, I shot exclusively with my Nikomat, given to me by the aforementioned Dennis. I was quite pleased with the results. Here's an example:

Farm Use, by Reed A. George
Nikomat, sepia and additional grain a la Lightroom

I think I'll use something from my camera collection that hasn't been out for a while again this year. I'll have to think about what. I do have a new stock of 120 film that hasn't been touched yet. Maybe the Bronica...
Regardless, I'm looking forward to it.

DMC-365.blogspot.com

 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment