Saturday, March 31, 2012

Gear Acquisition Syndrome (GAS) Is Killing Me - More Great Fisheye Shots

I have been writing about getting a fisheye lens, especially about the choices available right now. Those choices include the nice (expensive) Lumix 8mm, the Rokinon/Samyang 7.5mm, and the yet-to-be-available fisheye attachment for the Lumix 14mm f2.5.
 
NYC Fisheye by fcyphotography on mu-43.com
Image Source: http://www.mu-43.com/f56/we-all-need-fisheye-22864/
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Rokinon 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye

Well, other posters seem to be taunting me. I am anxiously awaiting the availability of the Lumix fisheye attachment, the DMW-GFC1. So much so, I have memorized that part number, from typing it into Amazon's search over and over. Kinda sick, right?

Anyway, this series of fisheye images from New York City at the holidays really has me wanting a fisheye.

(Click Here) to see the original post on mu-43.com.

I am hoping that the DMW-GFC1 will be in stores in Tokyo when I go there in a week or so. Anyone know if it's out in Japan yet? I cannot seem to find it here in the US. Unfortunately, with the exchange rates, it will likely be even more expensive in Japan. That Samyang lens is looking pretty good at less than $300...

But, I'm not buying yet, until the Lumix attachment is a real option.

DMC-365.blogspot.com


 
 

1 comment:

  1. you should really get the rokinon 7.5mm fisheye lens

    I lost mine after a trip to philladelphia, but got another one in black.

    Thanks for liking my photo. here are more on my flickr page in full resolution:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/coffee9368/page20/

    ReplyDelete