Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cross-Post from Aboud Dweck's "Everything Photo" Blog

 
Reed and Aboud
Reed and Aboud at the DC Fish Market, by Aboud Dweck
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2

Aboud Dweck, author of the great photography blog
 
and I went out for dim sum and a little shooting and catching up yesterday.
 
While Aboud shot his new Lumix DMC-GH2, I brought out my Rolleiflex T twin lens reflex and shot my first two rolls of film for 2012. Maybe that's why I look a little old and confused in the image above.
 
Aboud's post on his blog describes the minor differences in shooting 120 film with a TLR and modern digital photography with the GH2.
 
(Click Here) for Aboud's post.
 
I am praying that I have at least one great shot out of 16 or so I shot on the Rollei. More likely, I will simply prove that the expense and hassle of shooting film provides inferior results to the latest in digital technology. But, I must admit it was a blast to shoot that old camera again. And, you can't compare an EVF or LCD to the image on that ground glass in the Rolleiflex.
 
Thanks for a great day, Aboud. We'll have to get out again soon.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment