Saturday, January 28, 2012

Where Are My Zeiss Lenses For Micro 4/3?

Zeiss on Lumix
I Want to See A Planar on my Lumix WITHOUT
an Adapter!

Image Source: http://projecthree.blogspot.com/2010_05_01_archive.html

I recently found this announcement from almost a year ago, stating that Carl Zeiss had joined the Micro 4/3 standards group
 
(click here) to see the announcement at dpnow.com.
 
So where are the Zeiss lenses for Micro 4/3?  I would LOVE to see that happen.
 
I also found this very recent announcement about Tokina, Tamron, and Astrodesign joining up:
 
 
So maybe we'll start to see even more world class lenses for Micro 4/3 in the near future!
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
Update:
Multiple helpful users on dpreview informed me of these Zeiss cine lenses already available in Micro 4/3:
 
http://www.zeiss.com/compactprimes
 
These are large cine lenses, and reportedly multiple thousands of dollars.  Not exactly what I am looking for, but it does answer my question.
 
Thanks!
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment