Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Trend Continues! - New Rugged Lumix DMC-TS4 Announced

 New Lumix DMC-TS4 Announced
New Lumix DMC-TS4
Image Source:
 http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/pressrelease/first_half_new_production2012_2/index.html#ts4
 
Back on January 11, I posted about the trend of new Lumix waterproof, shockproof camera models being announced in January.  It started in January 2009, and has now occurred every year for four years, culminating in today's announcement of the DMC-TS4.

It seems that the main differences from the DMC-TS3 are in higher resolution video, manual exposure settings, with the rest being software features, including time lapse, "miniature" mode (which I have yet to understand), panorama assist, and automatic image retouching in the camera.

I must admit, I was not patient enough to wait for the new announcement, and my DMC-TS3 is on its way to me in the mail; I purchased last weekend.  Based on what I see, that was not a bad decision.  These improved features may well be important to others, but I don't feel like I missed out.

Apparently some others see it the way I do.  My reading of dpreview's user comments generally agrees:

(Click Here) to see the dpreview announcement and comments.

I will be writing my impressions of the DMC-TS3 in the coming days and weeks, as I get my first experience with a waterproof Lumix camera.  I plan to get it wet!

DMC-365.blogspot.com

The TS4 is not yet available, but if you want a great deal on the TS3 (which is the way I went recently), support this blog and buy it here:


No comments:

Post a Comment