Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Lumix DMC-G1 Image Wins History Channel / Civil War Trust Recognition!

This image won Second Place in the Civil War Trust / History Channel / Google competition, in the division dedicated to celebrating the 150th anniversary of battles in 1861. The image is displayed on the Civil War Trust webpage of winning images, was published in the journal "Hallowed Ground," and featured in the trust's 2012 calendar.

Lumix DMC-G1 image wins recognition in History Channel / Civil War Trust Contest.
Henry House, Manassas National Battlefield
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1, iso 100, High Dynamic Range (HDR) composite of three images, processed in Adobe Lightroom, Nik HDR Efex Pro.

There's a great description of the Henry Hill site here at wikipedia (click here).

You can see the announcement of Contest Winners on the Civil War Trust website (click here).  Calendars are for sale at this link: (click here).  Proceeds benefit the Civil War Trust.  I do not receive any compensation for sales.  But, I urge you to consider buying one, as they are very nice calendars, and benefit a great cause.

DMC-365.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Congrats for the achievement! I just recently found your blog and I find it very helpful and ispiring already. So thank you.

    Just nitpicking BTW - this year is a leap year so technically your blog should be DMC-366!

    Just kidding...I'm looking forward to your posts so and this is shaping up to be a great blog so the name doesn't matter.

    Please keep up the great work sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased that you found my blog and are enjoying it. Please comment often - it is how we all learn from each other! On the leap year subject, I may have to stop on Dec 30! LOL.

    ReplyDelete